BECOMING A REGISTERED PARTICIPAANT ON OT CONNECTIONS
A. Accessing the Site and Becoming a Registered Participant on OT Connections
(2) OT CONNECTIONS IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR ACCESS AND USE BY INDIVIDUALS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE, YOU ARE CERTIFYING THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
(3) All persons seeking to participate in and otherwise use the services of OT Connections must become a Registered Participant by completing the registration application. There is no cost to register on our OT Connections site. Your use of OT Connections will also be subject to additional terms outlined elsewhere in this agreement relating to cost of services and other terms. Additional Terms: Please review these Additional Terms as they also form a binding part of our agreement with you. Once you register with us as a non-paying Participant or purchase a Participant ship or product, we consider you a "Participant" of the OT Connections community. Your participation is specifically for your personal, non-commercial use of the OT Connections site. B. Your Information
Personal Information. When you register on OT Connections we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information. Personal Information will not be posted on OT Connections and will be kept confidential. For your part, you agree that all Personal Information that you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up to date. You will notify us of any changes to Personal Information. If you fail to update Personal Information or if all or part of your Information is (or appears to be) untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete we may suspend or terminate your "Participant status" on OT Connections and refuse any and all current or future use of our OT Connections Site and services.
Password. We will ask you to create a password. Because any activities that occur under your registration or password are your responsibility, it is important for you to keep your registration and password secure. Notify us immediately if you believe that someone has used your registration or password without your authorization.
Posted And Other Information. No information other than the Personal Information described above, and password shall be kept confidential by AOTA. By becoming a Participant, posting information or otherwise using OT Connections your hereby give AOTA the right, but not the obligation, to post, exhibit, use, or re-use, publish, reproduce, license, print, distribute, or otherwise use your comments or any other information via all forms of media, in perpetuity including but not limited to through the OT Connections Site. AOTA is not responsible for nor will AOTA be held liable for information you or others post or otherwise use or distribute in connection with or as a Participant on this Site.
Communications. Please note that any number of issues may interfere with your receipt of such communications, including, without limit, some types of e-mail systems that may use filtering or blocking techniques that are intended to block e-mail. OT Connections is not responsible for the actual delivery or your actual receipt of these communications. You are responsible for ensuring that the e-mail address you submit to the Site as part of your registration and during the course of your participant ship is valid and that the services, software, or systems you use to access your e-mail ("e-mail systems") do not block or filter OT Connections communications. Please note that your work e-mail may be subject to additional limitations placed on its use by your employer. We ask that you use your personal e-mail address when registering as a member. If you choose to register with your work e-mail, or use an e-mail system that interferes with the delivery of OT Connections communications, we may not be able to provide you with certain services. In order to cooperate with governmental requests, subpoenas, or court orders, to protect our systems, or to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, we may access and disclose any information we consider necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, your Personal Information, IP address and traffic information, usage history, and content you have posted on the OT Connections site.
AOTA reserves the right to seek indemnification from any person or entity for any expense or damage suffered by AOTA arising from or relating to liability of said person's or entity's use of the OT Connections Site.
B. Monitoring and Enforcement. We do not actively monitor the message boards and other Communication Tools or the Content that is posted or provided through such tools, nor are we obligated to do so. And since we don't, and may not have the ability to control or actively monitor the Content, we do not guarantee its accuracy, integrity, or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our OT Connections site, you may be exposed to Content that you find offensive or objectionable. AOTA reserves the right to remove, at any time, any information posted or provided through the Communication Tools. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. In such cases, we may not remove Content that you believe is objectionable or offensive. Please remember that you can always choose to refrain from using any part of the OT Connections Site that exposes you to something that you are uncomfortable with. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to, any Content.
3. SUBMITTING OR POSTING CONTENT.
When you participate in the OT Connections community you are granting OT Connections certain rights to use the Content you submit or post through the OT Connections Site. "Content" is anything you submit, post, use, generate, or display, in connection with the OT Connections Site regardless of the form or nature, including information, words, images, software, usage data, ideas, thoughts, and expressions. By submitting Content you grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-terminable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, market, publish, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote such Content (in whole or in part) in any medium now known or hereafter devised, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and all other purposes including, without limitation, the right to publish your name in connection with your Content; and the right to sublicense any or all of these rights. You acknowledge that OT Connections owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created using or incorporating the Content. Please remember that you are ultimately responsible for all Content that you provide and you warrant and represent that: (i) the Content does not and will not infringe on any copyright or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; and (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided in this Section 3, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Content, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and (iii) that each person depicted in any picture or photograph that you submit as part of the Content, if any, has provided consent to the use of the photograph. No compensation will be paid for the use of your Content, including, without limit, any photograph you may provide.
5. AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES.
AOTA does not provide you with access to the Internet or the equipment necessary to access the Internet or the OT Connections site or services. You are responsible for the fees charged by other parties to obtain access to our OT Connections site and services (by way of example only, Internet service provider or airtime charges) and for providing the equipment necessary to access the OT Connections site and services. From time to time AOTA may modify, suspend, or discontinue any of the services offered on our OT Connections site without notice to you. AOTA shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of services. OT Connections may establish certain policies and practices concerning use of the services, including without limitation the maximum number of e-mail messages, message board postings, or other Content that can be sent through our services and the number of days that these items will be retained on our systems. AOTA has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by or through our services. We reserve the right to change our practices and policies at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you.
6. LINKING TO OR FROM OUR OT CONNECTIONS SITE. You can link to our OT Connections site without our prior written consent. While our OT Connections site may have links to other Web sites of other companies and parties, AOTA has no control over those Web sites. AOTA is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available from those links. AOTA is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on those linked sites.
8. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), AOTA has established the procedure outlined below to address alleged copyright infringement on the OT Connections site. If you believe that your work has been copied and has been posted to this OT Connections site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide AOTA with notice of your complaint by providing AOTA's Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
To be effective, your notification must be in writing and include the above information.
Upon receipt of a notification that complies or substantially complies with the DMCA (as set forth above), AOTA, Inc. will process and investigate the notification and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. AOTA, Inc., in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse additional Content from Participants who have posted allegedly infringing material, and/or delete the material, or to terminate such Participants' accounts.
AOTA, Inc. may take reasonable steps to notify the Participant who is the subject of the notification that it has removed or disabled access to such material. If you are subject to a notification, you may provide us with a counter notification by providing our designated copyright agent the following information in writing:
Upon receipt of a notification that complies or substantially complies with the DMCA (as set forth above), AOTA, Inc. will process and investigate the notification and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws including, where appropriate, providing the person who provided the initial notification with a copy of the counter notification and take any other appropriate action.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: OUR OT CONNECTIONS SITE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND"AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AOTA, INC. DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, AND YOU WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT OF THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE ARE NOT WARRANTED TO BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND AOTA, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, CURRENT, OR RELIABLE OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. AOTA, INC. DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION, FAILURE TO STORE, MISDELIVERY, OR UNTIMELY DELIVERY OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF LOSS AND DAMAGE DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS TO YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, AND AS A CONSEQUENCE SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK. AOTA, INC. AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE OT CONNECTIONS SITE, EVEN IF AOTA, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND AS A CONSEQUENCE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall indemnify and hold harmless, and at AOTA, Inc.'s request defend, AOTA, Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, as well as the irrespective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and owners (each an "Indemnified Party") from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees, an allocation for in-house counsel, and other legal costs) arising out of your acts or omissions, including claims resulting from your use of the OT Connections Site, your submission, posting, or transmission of information or Content, or any breach of your obligations set forth in this agreement. You shall reimburse each Indemnified Party on demand for any costs, expenses, and liabilities incurred by such Indemnified Party to which this indemnity relates.
12. CHOICE OF LAW & VENUE.
13. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE. OT Connections Site and its Contents Copyright (c) 1996–2013 AOTA, Inc. All rights reserved. AOTA, Inc., OT Connections.org, and all the brands of other AOTA, Inc. products and services shown herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of AOTA, Inc. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
15. GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE FORUMS.
AOTA's Online Forums provide opportunities for members to network, exchange ideas, share experiences, and offer solutions to everyday workplace issues online at www.otconnections.org or via e-mail. While AOTA retains the right to remove any messages from this site that do not meet the purposes stated above, AOTA staff and the SIS Standing Committee members cannot review each message to determine its accuracy or truthfulness, or determine if the content of any message contains any prohibited material referenced in the following guidelines. Consequently, any reader who is offended by any message, or who finds that any message violates the guidelines should report the message to email@example.com or by Reporting Abuse by clicking on the "More" option in the particular discussion. Forum participants who disregard these guidelines will be warned privately by message or e-mail on the first incident and removed from the Web site on the second incident. The following guidelines are intended to help you get the most benefit from the Forums and to protect the good of all parties.
16. GROUP GUIDELINES.
We encourage users to actively use and promote the Groups they have created. Groups may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity. Inactivity is determined based on a combination of Group activity and number of Group members. Groups will be deleted after 6 months of inactivity. Groups with fewer than 5 active members risk closure. Group owners are always welcome to re-create a group at a future date when they are better able to facilitate the growth of the group.
17. BLOG GUIDELINES.
OTConnections provides a blogging platform for all users. To start a blog, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username, desired name of blog, and a description of the blog to get started. We encourage users to actively use and promote their blog. Blogs may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity. Inactivity is determined based on a combination of post activity and number of posts in a 6-month period. Blogs will be deleted after 6 months of inactivity. Blogs with fewer than 5 posts risk closure. Blog owners are always welcome to re-create a blog at a future date.